Sunday, July 1, 2012

Uutisia takapihalta




 News from the back yard:

- It's looking wild! Everything green has exploded all over the place.

- I'm still waiting for the new greenhouse to be assembled.

- It turns out we will have something to put in there, too! For a long time, despite my best efforts, it looked like the tomatoes, broccoli, and eggplant were not going to make it. I wasn't sure if they were even fighting for their lives anymore, but I still didn't have the heart to throw even the smallest ones into the compost bin. Now suddenly they are all flourishing, though I haven't changed anything!

- My beloved wild twinflower (Linnaea Borealis) is blossoming abundantly. The one who noticed it was my three-year-old daughter. She came to me with a single flower in her hand and informed me with the correct name that vanamo is blossoming! I was so proud!

- Something that looks like a wild raspberry is blossoming for the first time. There are also a few wild strawberry blossoms. Waiting eagerly...

- We moved some rare sinivuokko (Anemone Hepatica) from the border of our yard to a place where we can enjoy it more.

- On many days we don't even move beyond the back yard. Well, maybe to the mailbox. Happy July, everyone!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, I love the sinivuokko! It would be the perfect ground cover for an area in my front yard. I just loaded up my friend with a bunch of native plants from our yard - I wish you and I could plant-trade too!