Friday, March 26, 2010

Lempikirja

I like all of these books, but one of them is going to be a special favorite this spring.

Juju is a book about upcycling old fabrics into children's clothing. I love everything about it - the layout, the illustrations, the patterns, everything! I first came across it at our little local library. I borrowed and re-borrowed it, again and again. I must have had it for six months.

When I simply couldn't borrow it any more, I decided I couldn't live without it, and went and got my own copy.

I have a daughter who is very opinionated about clothes and whose style tends to be quite different from mine. She won't have Äiti make her this lovely kimono, for example. But I have another daughter who will, for the time being, wear anything I make.

Just waiting to find the perfect combination of fabrics! Stay tuned! (And by the way, we all enjoy visiting that little library.)

No comments: